Great day today! Rosie, Meg, Mike and I drove to the Bronx and saw the Yankees 'whoop up' on the Texas Rangers, 5 to 2. Jeter sat out but, Pettite threw 8 strong innings - Mo got save #5. Yankees start the season, 9-3, and have won all 4 of their series to date.
What's this got to do with Tuscany?... not much :-) but, wanted to continue practicing updating this blog. However, I have spoken with my traveling mate, Conor, a couple of times and thought about this summer's trip.
Day started off with Rosie and I departing for Morristown, NJ, to pick up Meg & Mike at 8am. Arrived Mo-town at ~8:45, picked up our charges and headed up I-287 to I-80 over GW Bridge then exited at Deegan Expressway, I-87S, to the new Yankee Stadium. We were the 1st to park where we did at about 9:30am - very light traffic.
A slightly sad, short walk to the new stadium (passed old Yankee stadium which is in the process of being demolished) in chilly air - hi 40s would be my guess. BUT, blue skies with a smattering of clouds for the day. Located Gate 6 (always open) right next to the Hardrock Cafe - opens at 10am on Sunday game days - and just took a walk in and about the stadium just to look around and take in some of the local Bronx sites and proprietors. Picked up some souvenirs and went back to Hardrock for lunch.
New York has a law that requires restaurants to post the number of calories/dish on their menus... who knew that Hardrock's original hamburger contained over 1500 calories!! OMG - it tasted great. :-) After lunch we entered the stadium via the Hardrock entrance and just wandered around for awhile taking in the sites. The guts of the new stadium are pretty cool and full of vendors of all types. The field is soooo green. Our seats were up in the Terrace level along the right field line, we had a view to the whole field - albeit, it was like looking down at a bunch of white and blue ants.
One ironic note... around the 6th inning Rosie and I got up from our seats to go and buy some warm sweat shirts for Meg and Mike and some hot coco. While we were gone, Mark Textiera, Yankee 1st baseman, hit a foul ball right up to where we had been sitting!!!!! I could da bin somebody... Anyway, departed our seats and the stadium after the 7th inning to beat the traffic. Great day! :-)
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment